Voter Registration

Voter Registration Information for High School Students


The right to vote is afforded to every citizen of the United States of America. Being a citizen means you have the right to work in the country where you live and the ability to participate in political activity. If you were born in the United States, you are a U.S. citizen. If your parents are U.S. citizens, but you were born in another country, you are also a U.S. citizen. Citizens have certain freedoms and rights of the country in which they were born like the right to vote and run for a political office. Citizens pay taxes and defend their country in times of peace and war.

Voting is important to all citizens. If you want to make a difference in the world and have your voice count, you must vote. To exercise your right to vote you must be registered. High school students who are at least 18 years old can register to vote. Once you are a registered voter, you can vote in state and local elections.

Students can register on line at or at the Cumberland County Board of Elections office where you will need to show a photo ID and proof of address for the next election. You can also register at the local Division of Motor Vehicles or the public library. If you are not a registered voter, you can do it at any time.

The easiest way is way is on-line. Just click on the links below to fill out your voter registration form and read the voters bill of rights. The registration form can be completed on-line or printed out and mailed. If you have questions, you can contact the Cumberland County Superintendent of Elections or 1-877-NJ-VOTER (1-877-658-6836).

You are important. Your vote is important. Register today!

To register in New Jersey you must be:

  • A United States citizen
  • I am at least 17 years old, and understand that I may not vote until reaching the age of 18.
  • A resident of the county for 30 days before the election
  • You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction

The registrant must complete a Voter Registration Application and/or Party Affiliation Form. Mail or deliver the Voter Registration Application and/or Party Affiliation Form to the County Commissioner of Registration or Superintendent of Elections for your county.



Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.